At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The New Initiatives team is a startup within Remitly. We recently formed to build new and innovative products for immigrants and their families. The team is intensely customer focused and comprised primarily of start-up veterans. We get the incredibly fun and challenging job of starting things from scratch.
It’s all the best parts of an early stage startup accelerated by the assets and competitive advantage of Remitly. There is high team cohesion, focus, and mission. New things are learned and shared daily, creating a dynamic environment of rapid adaptation.
We’re looking for someone with a very high emotional intelligence (or EQ) that LOVES shipping code and building products that customers use. You make people feel valued, and are comfortable working across cultures and socio-economic classes. You are able to hear what’s not being said and identify unspoken customer and business needs.
You are an engineer who understands what it takes to build a product that solves a problem. You are comfortable with ambiguous requirements. You know how to work with designers and engineers to build products and prioritize. You have the courage and tenacity to say no to anything but critical items. You are good at recruiting other builders.
As a Engineering Manager, you’ll hire and develop the engineers on the team with a focus on mentorship and career growth, set and drive a technical roadmap, and define and improve the engineering processes used by the team. You’ll ensure we make sound technical decisions and suitable trade-offs between delivering projects and long-term investments. You should enjoy learning and working with different technologies spanning application environments. You’ll partner closely with product managers, designers, and senior management dedicated to driving our business and customer experience forward. You'll also collaborate with engineering leaders across Remitly to ensure our roadmap anticipates future needs.
- You’ll set and drive the team's technical direction, making appropriate trade-offs between shipping code and technical investments.
- You’ll build frameworks and processes enabling the team to operate autonomously and deliver new projects rapidly, with a focus on quality and customer value.
- You’ll anticipate technical challenges within the team and Remitly and will drive architectural changes to address them.
- You’ll drive design discussions and work hands on with the code, diving in where and as necessary to help deliver new features or debug live issues.
- You'll help define Remitly’s core native and web application architecture, acting as a central point of contact for other developers working on product features.
- You’ll lead the team to build tools and infrastructure allowing teams to independently deliver client features.
- You’ll engage team members and other engineering leaders in design reviews to promote collaboration and shared patterns across the organization.
- You’ll partner with product and engineering management, influencing the product roadmap by presenting technical options and trade-offs.
- You’ll foster a positive, challenging, and rewarding environment.
- You’ll help define and meet the hiring plan for the team, sourcing and interviewing diverse candidates.
- You’ll manage and mentor engineers, helping them grow and advance their careers.