Hi, we're Remitly.
The easy, fast, affordable way to send money online– from your desktop, tablet or mobile device.
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $4 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada to loved ones throughout the world. The company’s proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, including World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders’ Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua.
Remitly Fast Facts:
- Established in 2011, Remitly got its start in the United States helping people send money to the Philippines
- 400 employees worldwide in 4 locations: Seattle, London, Manila, and Nicaragua
- Allows people to send money from 3 countries: United States, United Kingdom, and Canada
- Helps people receive money in 10 countries: Philippines, India, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Peru
- Remitly customers send over $4 billion in annual remittance volume around the globe
- Global network of over 40,000 bank and cash payout partners
- Raised $100 million total in financing from Stripes Group, Vulcan Capital, World Bank’s International Finance Corporation (IFC), DFJ, DN Capital, Bezos Expeditions and Trilogy Equity Partners