Frequently Asked Questions
What payment methods can I use to send money?
You can safely and securely use your:
Here's how to send money with your U.S. bank account
- Choose ECONOMY for the most cost-effective way to send money
- Select account type: Checking account or Saving account
- Provide your bank routing number
- Provide your bank account number
- We will complete your transfer immediately after we confirm delivery of funds from your bank.
Here’s how to send money with your debit or credit card:
- Choose EXPRESS for the fastest way to send money
- Select debit card or credit card
- Enter your card information: Name on card, Card number, Expiration date, Security code (the 3-digit number on the back of the card)
Things to Note:
- Debit and credit card transactions are faster than bank account transfers because we can authorize your card immediately.
- You may notice a 0.01 cent charge on your account after you add your card. Don't worry, the 0.01 authorization is immediately refunded. It simply allows us to ensure your card is active.
- Sometimes cards that appear to be a debit card are actually a credit card. For example, the card may be pin-capable and allow you to draw upon and spend a cash balance, however the banks still classify it as a credit card.
- If you still have questions about the type of card you have or the charges associated with it, please contact your bank.
Call us anytime toll free 1-888-Remitly (1-888-736-4859) with additional questions.
Here’s why we charge more money for credit cards:
- Credit card companies charge us a much higher fee compared to other payment methods when you choose to send money using a credit card.
- To keep our prices as low as possible when you use your bank account or a debit card, we add a 3% charge for credit card transactions.
- The additional credit card charge is 3% of your net send amount. This fee is in addition to the fee for EXPRESS transfers.
- Some credit card companies may charge you a cash advance fee.
- To avoid extra fees, always use your debit card for EXPRESS transfers or use your bank account for ECONOMY transfers.