Join Our Team
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who wants to help us change the world by improving and lowering the cost of international money transfers. Remitly allows anyone with access to an Internet enabled device to send money to mobile phone wallets globally. This frees recipients from the need to have traditional bank accounts or travel to agent locations for cash pick-up. Come help create an easy to use customer experience for millions around the globe.
You will be responsible for building the product that will change the way that people send, receive and spend money. This role will be an important part of a highly collaborative and talented product development team.
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Experience developing software in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Expert OO programming skills
- Experience building highly scalable applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in at least two modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, Ruby, Python, or Php
- Experience taking a leading role in building and launching complex software systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices regarding the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience writing secure web applications
- Experience with machine learning, Bayesian network, and fraud detection algorithms
- Experience implementing lean startup practices
- Experience working with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience influencing adoption of software engineering best practices
- Hands-on expertise with many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces to back-end systems and all points in between
Remitly, Inc. is leveraging the growth of mobile wallets in emerging markets to remove the dependence on physical agents for remittances. Our solution is faster, more convenient and lower cost than the current market leaders. The CEO Matt Oppenheimer, most recently managed Mobile & Internet Banking Initiatives for Barclay's Kenya. Josh Hug, co-founder and chief product officer was founder and CEO of Shelfari which he sold to Amazon.com in 2008 after acquiring over 2M users.